In response to COVID-19, we’re taking precautions to protect our patients and staff, while maintaining operations and allowing for in-person appointments, where possible. When visiting our office, please follow these instructions:
With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a primary resource, we will continue to update our procedures.
During the past several months we have been optimizing our practices and protocols to ensure your safety.
- Offering Telehealth visits for those patients who would prefer to discuss their eye care over video internet conferencing.
- Pre-visit health screening of all staff and patients.
- Full appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our facility
- Acrylic barriers at all exam microscopes and administrative desks
- Separation of testing clinics from regular clinics
- Removal of non-essential but frequently touched items like magazines, water/coffee dispensers
- We are cleaning all waiting areas every hour and each exam room and piece of equipment is disinfected between each patient
- Air purifiers in exam rooms
Protocols to ensure social distancing while in the office:
- maximizing physical separation of all patients
- optimizing patient appointment times
- minimizing movement through the clinic spaces
Important Steps For Your Appointment
Please wear a mask or facial covering at all times
Answer all COVID-19 screening questions honestly during phone and in person
We may have slightly altered your appointment time to fit the new schedule. If you do not receive an automated update, please confirm your appointment time prior to arrival.
Please arrive on time (not early, not late). We want to avoid extra patients in our waiting areas.
Family members will not be permitted in the office unless essential for the care of the patient.
Follow social distancing recommendations as marked on the floor. Our common areas are appropriately spaced.
You will notice many physical and process changes as you are seen in our clinics, but you will immediately recognize that our commitment to your health and well-being are as strong as always.
Thank you for allowing us to care for the health of eyes and vision.
Boston Eye Physicians and Surgeons